hostgator coupon free Blog Ping free naked blue: A Nude Model's Story of Humility and Joy

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Nude Model's Story of Humility and Joy

Pasted Graphic 2

I was going to be an important and well-paid writer, see. The modelling thing, that was just to tide me over till the whole writing gig took off, because I knew that you could basically walk in off the street and get work taking your clothes off for artists. But in the end, I found I liked it so much that I never gave it up. I found that there are many advantages to modelling for artists, though none of them is what you'd expect.

When you model, especially naked (or nude, like that makes any difference), people think it's because you have this huge ego. The reality would deflate any such pretensions. I think it was the very first class I ever worked with, during a longer standing pose (the bane of all art models,) the instructor was walking amongst the students as they drew, helping out and critiquing, admonishing one student on his inclusion of irrelevant detail. "You don't have to draw every dimple on her butt, man!" he barked out behind me.

Read the whole story: Huffington Post Canada