hostgator coupon free Blog Ping free naked blue: Comparison Of Censors [Politics & Campaigning]

Monday, January 23, 2012

Comparison Of Censors [Politics & Campaigning]

It is instructive to compare censors and how the attitudes of censors have changed.

If any of the organisations listed here would like to send us links to objective evidence justifying their policy on nudity then we will be delighted to add them. NB evidence that some people are prejudiced does not provide justification. It doesn't matter how deeply held a prejudice may be, or how popular it may appear to be, it is still nothing but a prejudice.

The No Anorexia campaign posters were reported with varying degrees of accuracy and responsibility. The evidence indicates that censoring the body increases the problem of body image disorders. In 2007 the BBC showed most of the poster. In 2010 they followed their usual policy of only showing the top.

Isabella Caro, the subject of these photographs, said "To see my tailbone like an open wound, I show myself as I am. I'm not beautiful, my hair is ruined and I know I will never have long hair again. I've lost several teeth," she said of her looks on the billboard. "My skin is dry. My breasts have fallen. No young girl wants to look like a skeleton." She died not long after.

How can the readers of either BBC article "see [her] tailbone like an open wound". Yet clearly these were what she wanted the world to see to make her point.

BBC Reporting
Posted Image
BBC 2011
Posted Image
BBC 2007
We were sure that the BBC was becoming more prudish and this reporting supports that. Quite why the Jonathan Ross incident, completely unacceptable as it was, should require an almighty lurch towards prudery has never been explained.

Other broadcasters were not so afraid to let Isabella make her point as forcibly as possible.

Posted Image
MTV Reporting